Mildred Pierce

栏目:影视资讯  时间:2022-10-29
手机版

  pulled you out of the gutter, you were strictly keyboard.

  贫民窟揪出来的毛丫头 只爱弹琴呀

  I turn my back for one second and you,

  眨眼的功夫

  you turn into some kind of yodeler!

  你就唱起歌♥来了

  Well, God damn it,

  可真是

  it was an accident. Well, then report.

  我是无心插柳啊 说来听听

  I was at the Philharmonic.

  我当时在爱乐乐团工作

  Oh, yes, I've been there.

  我去过那里

  And it was...the Schubert Unfinished.

  演奏舒伯特的《未完成交响曲》

  And afterwards, I was walking across the park to my car,

  结束之后 我穿过停车场找我的车

  and I was humming it.

  边走边哼着那支曲子

  And that's when I saw him, walking ahead of me...

  就是这时候我看到他了 就走在我前面

  Who? Treviso.

  谁啊 特雷维索

  Now, I had plenty of reason for not wanting to meet

  我要躲着这位可敬的先生

  the honorable signor. Why so?

  理由可太多了 为什么啊

  I'd played for him once before, and

  我之前曾为他演奏过一次

  he wasn't at all appreciative.

  而他并不欣赏

  But he stopped and turned around

  可他却停下 转过身来

  and said "Was that you just now, singing?"

  问我说"刚才是你吗 你在唱歌♥吗"

  And I wasn't so proud of my singing just about then,

  我那时还不怎么为我的嗓音感到骄傲呢

  because I was singing full chest and sounded exactly like a man.

  因为我唱得底气十足 听上去像个男人

  Hannen used to call me the Glendale Baritone.

  海恩以前喊我格兰代尔的男中音

  So, I said it really wasn't

  所以我说

  any of his concern whether I was singing or not.

  是不是我唱歌♥不关他的事

  And he grabbed me by the arm,

  他就抓住我的手臂

  and said it concerned him very much.

  说很关他的事

  And insisted that I meet him the very next day.

  还坚持我第二天要去见他

  And? Thanks.

  然后呢 谢谢

  And I went.

  我就去了

  How could I refuse?

  怎么能拒绝呢

  And then for a solid week,

  然后他花了一周的时间

  he worked on me, Here you go.

  就是教我 给你

  trying to get me to sing like a woman.

  怎么像个女人那样唱歌♥

  And then finally, finally!

  最后 终于 终于啊

  It just began to come.

  我开始开窍了

  And that's when I got my revenge.

  我才终于得到复仇的机会

  Do tell.

  快讲讲

  Well, he said I had the voice,

  他说我的嗓子是不错

  but if I wanted to be a real musician,

  不过要想成为真正的音乐家

  I would have to master music, too.

  我还要能驾驭音乐

  So I asked him if there was any sight reading he wanted done.

  我就问他 要不要我读个谱给他看看

  Oh, touche.

  好主意

  And he handed me the Inflamatus

  他就把罗西尼的

  from Rossini's Stabat Mater.

  圣母悼歌♥的《燃烧》递给我

  Well, I went through that like a hot knife through butter.

  我毫不费力地就读出来了

  And then I showed him my arranging, and all the

  我还给他看了我的编曲 还有

  theory that Hannen hammered into me.

  海恩灌进我脑袋里的那些乐理

  If the wop hit gold in Death Valley,

  比起在死谷挖到金子的意大利佬

  he couldn't have acted more like a goof.

  他简直有过之而无不及

  He started going over me with these little wooden hammers,

  他开始拿着小木槌到处敲打我

  and gadgets with lights that went down my throat, and...

  把带灯的玩意往我喉咙里塞 还...

  He even went digging up my, uh...

  他还 往我 那里

  He went for the dairy?

  还上双峰啦

  Now, Monty... What?

  蒙特 怎么了

  Believe it or not, yes!

  信不信由你 还真有这回事

  Turns out it wasn't love he was looking for.

  不过他不是为了寻欢作乐

  Just meat!

  就是调整我的身体

  He said it enriches the tone!

  他说能让音色更浑厚

  You just heard the Casta Diva aria

  您刚才听到的是由维黛·皮尔斯小姐

  from Bellini's Norma,

  表演的贝里尼的《诺玛》选段

  performed by Miss Veda Pierce.

  《圣洁的女神》咏叹调

  In Milano? Or Cannes?

  在米兰吗 还是戛纳

  When she lifted up her arm just so... Was it not?

  她抬起手臂的时候... 可不是

  I tell you, if I ever saw one right out of the can, Mrs. Pierce,

  我跟你说皮尔斯太太 我还没见过像

  she's it, your daughter.

  您女儿这么有天赋的歌♥手呢

  There she is, there's Veda. Thank you.

  她在那 维黛在那呢 谢谢

  Well, you never know. Congratulations!

  真想不到啊 祝贺你

  Now I'm not usually one to make rash decisions, Miss Pierce.

  皮尔斯小姐 我一般不这么鲁莽行事

  But we're about to start a promotion,

  不过我们就要展开一轮促销

  on a new vitamin bread,

  推广一种新的维生素面包

  it's called "Sunbake."

  叫"日焙"

  I handle Miss Pierce.

  我是皮尔斯小姐的经纪

  Moe Levinson.

  我叫莫·列文森

  Ted Hobey, president, Consolidated Foods.

  我是泰德·霍比 联合食品公♥司♥董事长

  I'll cut right to the chase, Mr. Levinson.

  我就直说了列文森先生

  I'm prepared to offer your client a two-year contract,

  我有意与您的委托人签一份两年的合约

  $2500 a week, plus a guaranteed mention

  周薪两千五百美元 另外保证她会

  in 25% of Consol's national advertising,

  在联合全国性的广♥告♥中有25%的出镜率

  if you come to New York and sing for Sunbake Bread.

  如果您能来纽约为日焙面包的宣传献唱

  How does that strike you?

  您意下如何

  Sorry, pal, it strikes me fine, but, uh, she's sewed.

  抱歉 听上去不错 但她有约在身了

  She sings for "Pleasant" the mentholated cigarettes, so, uh,

  她为清怡薄荷烟代言了

  it's out of the question.

  所以我们没得谈了

  But...New York!

  不过... 这可是纽约啊

  Certainly there must be something we could...

  我们肯定能想点办法

  Sorry, kid, a contract's a contract.

  抱歉姑娘 签了合约就要照着合约走

  You signed on the dotted line. Nothing to do about that.

  你签字同意了 我无能为力

  But... Well, I'm sorry to hear it.

  但是... 真是遗憾啊

  But if anything changes, the offer stands.

  不过要是事情有变 我的诚意不变

  You keep us in mind.

  这点您别忘了

  Thank you, Mr. Hobey, we certainly shall.

  谢谢你霍比先生 不会忘的

  I'm sorry, Ted. That's all right.

  抱歉泰德 没关系

  Sewed? To Pleasant cigarettes?

  有约在身 我就卖♥♥给清怡香烟了

  For an entire year?

  还卖♥♥了一整年

  Five hundred a week is nothing to sneeze at.

  每周五百已经不少了

  It's true, dear. That...that's still a great deal of money.

  是啊 亲爱的 那还是不小的数目啊

  Mother, that's not the point!

  妈妈 那不是重点

  There are levels in this business,

  我们这一行里是分三六九等的

  and we just had the chance to move up, and we missed it.

  而我们刚有一个晋级的机会 却错过了

  Do you have any idea

  你知道能去纽约

  what New York means to a classical singer?

  对一个古典歌♥手意味着什么吗

  If Levinson had looked ahead two minutes, and not...

  要是列文森不这么目光短浅

  jumped on the first boat that came along...

  急吼吼地签了约

  If he hadn't been so greedy... Hey, hey.

  要是他不这么贪心... 我说你

  Now suppose ya take it back.

  把你的话收回去

  Suppose ya say you're sorry.

  跟我道歉

  Why should I? It's the truth, isn't it?

  我为什么道歉 我说的是实话

  'Cause I got an offer for ya, and this you're gonna want to hear.

  因为我这里还有个合约 你会想听听的

  What offer?

  什么合约

  The Philharmonic.

  爱乐乐团

  Headliner.

  头牌

  The Philharmonic Auditorium?

  爱乐乐团礼堂吗

  Why, that's marvelous!

  那可太好了

  Big time.

  大喜事呀

  Then, accept. If the terms are suitable.

  接受吧 要是条件合适的话

  Not so fast, baby.

  别这么急啊 宝贝

  It's kind of a double offer.

  这是一个二选一的合约

  They'll take a Pierce, or they'll take Opie Lucas.

  要么是皮尔斯 要么是欧佩·卢卡斯

  They leave it to me.

  他们让我来决定

  I handle ya both,

  你们两个都归我管

  and Opie, she don't cuss me out.

  而欧佩可没骂过我

  She's nice.

  她人很好

  A contralto's no draw.

  女低音才不会吸引观众呢

  Contralto gets it, if you don't apologize.

  你要是不道歉 就签女低音

  Okay...

  好吧

  Levy, I apologize.

  列文 我道歉

  Don't go startin' nothing with Moe Levinson.

  别跟莫·列文森过不去

  Maybe ya don't know where you're comin' out...

  你大概还不知道自己是几斤几两

  Monty, go find Tommy, will you?

  蒙特 去找汤米行吗

  Tell him we'll be ready very soon.

  告诉他我们就来

  Yes, dear.

  好的 亲爱的

上一篇:缘聚天龙之情感篇
下一篇:【元素家族——连载176】白银帝国(二)是货币还是“春药”

最近更新影视资讯